Search This Blog

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Beckham Confirms Himself his intention to stay in Milan



The 33-year-old England international is due to return to Los Angeles on March 8 after three months on loan in Italy.

But Beckham has now decided he does not want to go back.

He confirmed: “My intention is to stay in Milan and I hope the clubs can come to some agreement. Hopefully I can finish my career here. I haven’t personally spoken to the Galaxy but someone from my side has and they have expressed my desire to sign for Milan."

“At the moment I don’t know if Galaxy will let me go. Hopefully they will. I’ve done all I can and now it’s down to the two teams. Playing for Milan has been a lot better than I ever expected. They are one of the biggest clubs in the world and it’s been an incredible experience.

“I’ve been made to feel incredibly welcome here and that has convinced me to stay."

It is very clear why he wishes to stay in Milan - even though he won't admit it fully, he realises that playing for LA Galaxy will mean he will never play for England again, whereas for Milan it would mean he would be playing at a level that would hopefully enable him to qualify for the first England team.

“It is definitely important to me to be involved at the 2010 World Cup and obviously playing for Milan would give me more of a chance of achieving that. But my main objective is to stay at this club and continue to enjoy playing at the highest level.”

No comments:

Post a Comment